Indian nationals, who are desirous of pursuing a career at sea can apply for the DNS course leading to B.Sc.(Nautical Science) at Maritime Training Institute, Powai, Mumbai.
The candidates who apply for admission in MTI and also qualify in IMU CET which is conducted twice in a year by Indian Maritime University, Chennai will be admitted in the course at our Maritime Training Institute (MTI) situated at Powai, Mumbai.
Qualifying IMU CET i.e. Common Entrance Test is mandatory in order to join MTI, Powai.
Final selection will be purely on the merit list of IMU CET Results.
How to Apply
- Candidate has to log on to www.imu.edu.in and MUST fill the online application for IMU-CET strictly following the instructions given on their website.
- Candidate needs to apply online for MTI, Powai, Mumbai through the link given on this page.
- After applying online, candidate needs to send the SELF ATTESTED scan copy of the below mentioned documents on firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “DNS Admission – candidate’s name” in the subject of the email. Candidates also need to have a valid Indian passport prior to joining the Institute. In addition to the original passport, Original copies of all the documents as mentioned below will be verified for confirming the admission. Any failure in producing the originals may lead to cancellation of the admission.
- 10th Marksheet & Pass Certificate
- 10+2 Marksheet & Pass Certificate
- College / School Leaving Certificate
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST/OBC-NCL)
- Copy of IMU Registration Slip
- Scanned Photograph and Signature
Candidates MUST note that IMU-CET Online Application Form AND MTI, SCI Online Application Form are two DIFFERENT forms and filling both of them separately is mandatory. Candidates not applying for or qualifying in IMU-CET will not be admitted at our SCI – Maritime Training Institute, Powai, Mumbai.
As per Training Circular no. 08 of 2019 dated 30.04.2019 issued by Directorate General of Shipping (DGS), candidates must have a valid Indian passport. Same will be verified at the time of joining for the course at the Institute. For other details, please also refer to the DGS Training Circular No. 08 of 2019, which is also available in the notification section of our website at http://www.mti.shipindia.com/notification/
Register online for IMU-CET for DNS Course on Indian Maritime University (IMU) Website: www.imu.edu.in
Go to SCI website www.mti.shipindia.com and Fill-up the Online Application Form
Complete SCI Online Application Form and send the SELF ATTESTED scan copies of the documents as mentioned to us at email@example.com, mentioning “DNS Admission – candidate’s name” in the subject of the email.
Print HALL TICKETS for IMU-CET from IMU Website: www.imu.edu.in
Appear for IMU-CET computer based examination at your respective examination center as given in your Hall Ticket.
Check result at IMU-Website: www.imu.edu.in
Check result at SCI-Website: www.mti.shipindia.com
Selected candidates will be informed via email/phone/website to report at: Maritime Training Institute - The Shipping Corporation Of India Ltd, 52-C, Adi -Shankracharya Marg, Powai, Mumbai – 400 072” along with their original documents for verification prior to confirmation of admission.
Admission Process is confirmed once the original documents of the candidate is verified by SCI-MTI and IMU
General Information and Instructions
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply. Applicants shall have valid passport at the time of joining for the course.
- No application fee is payable to SCI.
- The online application link will not be accessible after the due date and time.
- If any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or incorrect or not in conformity with the eligibility criteria, then his / her candidature is liable to be rejected at any stage of the selection process or after selection or joining.
- No modifications are allowed after submission of the online application form. Incomplete application form in any particulars may be liable to be rejected. Write NA whichever is not applicable.
- The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd reserves the right to change the number of vacancies and cancel / restrict / modify / alter the recruitment process, if required, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereof.
- It is mandatory that the candidates should have a valid e-mail id and mobile number while applying in order to facilitate faster communication. All future communications and correspondences will be through emails and / or our official website only.
- Reporting dates will be notified to selected candidates by either of the means viz. E-mail / Phone / website updates.
- Any modifications / amendments in the advertisement will be given only in The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd’s official website (www.shipindia.com).
- All Instruction and important information regarding recruitment will be available on only SCI website and as such, candidates are advised to visit the same frequently for necessary instructions, latest updates, reporting notices, results etc.
- Candidate should bring all the original valid documents and one set of attested photocopies of all certificates at the time of final verification after they qualify IMU-CET and are admitted by “The shipping Corporation of India Ltd.” for DNS Training. Candidates failing to produce Original documents for verification will not be allowed to continue for the verification / selection procedure.
- Students who have appeared for 10+2 examination & are waiting for results can also apply & qualify for admission subject to their securing the mentioned percentage of marks in the eligibility criteria section in PCM prior commencement of the course.
- Candidates who qualify IMU CET will only be eligible to get admission in our institute. Passing IMU CET – June, 2018 is mandatory to get admission. Common Entrance Test (CET) is conducted by IMU (Indian Maritime University, Chennai, Government of India) all over India.
- Date, time and venue of IMU CET Examination are normally intimated through personal email ID and by logging on to IMU website. Candidates shall take a printout of the admit card available online.
- Eligible candidates, who do not receive call letters/ intimation for IMU examination, are required to take print of hall ticket from the university’s website [ www.imu.edu.in & report along with proper identification and passport size photograph at the IMU examination center on the day of the examination.
- Final merit list will be prepared as per the ranks obtained in IMU-CET.
- The Company will not provide any lodging, boarding, travelling or any other incidental expenses to the candidates incurred during admission process.
- SCI-MTI reserves the complete right towards final selection / rejection of the candidates for DNS course at any stage during the training and/or selection procedure.
- Candidates are required to keep on checking www.shipindia.com and www.imu.edu.in very frequently for the latest updates, revisions, results, notifications etc.